StarLeaf is looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our awesome team in Cambridge.
Founded in the UK in 2008, we have a global footprint with representation on every continent and offices across the world. We are on a mission to transform the way businesses communicate and collaborate by designing intuitive, secure, and reliable video conferencing and online meeting solutions.
In September, the company was named in the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100.
Our culture is built on collaboration, inclusion, creativity and support. This permeates everything we do, across all our teams and operations. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a part to play in our success and that everyone should be rewarded for their contribution. This is why every single permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through the company’s share option scheme.
As part of the User Experience team, you will be responsible for producing world-class user experience solutions across a variety of channels, including personal devices, web, video conferencing room systems, and internal systems. You’ll work collaboratively with Product Managers, other Designers and Developers and be able to establish and maintain ongoing communications with key business stakeholders. You’ll have a passion for design & technology and keep up-to-date with the latest trends, sharing these with your fellow team members.
You will contribute to the User Experience team by:
- Creating inspirational design and concepts.
- Generating UI wireframes and polished UI designs.
- Designing high quality UI elements (iconography, button libraries and patterns, colour palettes and animation/transitions).
- Working together with the Lead UX Designer in creating a consistent user experience across different touch points.
- Collaborating with app and web developers.
- Increasing awareness of hidden user needs by using various user research techniques.
- Managing your own workflow and documentation.
- Meeting deadlines while handling multiple projects.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in interactive media or visual communication design or similar subject.
- Proven post-graduation UX design and commercial design experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of UX Design software, e.g. Sketch, Adobe CS, or Axure RP.
- Experience of creating UI wireframes and interactive prototypes for mobile or desktop apps.
- Solid portfolio with a range of visually engaging interface design that can provide links and demonstrate work / projects.
- Organised and self-motivated.
- Understanding of the User Centred Design process.
- Understand designing for usability and accessibility.
- Friendly personality and good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and endless desire to improve your designs.
- Good working knowledge of popular mobile and desktop app platforms.
- A solid understanding of web and mobile usability and responsive design principles.
- Hands-on experience of user test planning, running usability tests, and analysing test results.
- Experience of telephony, messaging, and other communication apps or services.
- Top notch visual design skills.
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience of email UX design.
As a member of our rapidly growing company, you will be presented with exciting opportunities to progress your career. You will make a real difference to the service we provide our customers today and be crucial to how they and the company evolve. Best of all you will be joining an exciting rapidly growing technology company.
- Very competitive salary.
- Annual salary reviews.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance.
- Life insurance of four times salary.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Assistance with relocation expenses if applicable.