StarLeaf is one of the fastest-growing companies in the UK, powering 50M calls a year and so data sits at the heart of our continued growth and success. We are looking for a Data Scientist who can establish and champion a data culture across the organisation.
This role will be supporting teams across StarLeaf in determining their needs and developing how they can use business intelligence. So, you’ll need to be able to build relationships as a champion of data-driven decisions, through dashboards, reports and integrations to drive adoption.
We are looking for someone that can fit into our culture, working cross-functionally with the R&D/engineering teams to drive development and can recognise where things aren’t working and quickly improve our processes, benchmarking and reporting on product usage.
We need someone that has experience establishing a data-driven culture, ideally for a scaling SaaS company, and can demonstrate an ability to understand product usage, its impact on key business metrics, but deliver complex technical concepts to StarLeaf end users.
What you can bring
- A quantitative/STEM degree
- 3+ years of experience in data science, analytics, or related ideally in a SaaS business environment
- Excellent SQL, Python or R, and Excel skills for querying, processing, and presenting data
- Good understanding of statistics applied to data analysis
- Good visual and written communication skills across all levels of stakeholder (business & technical)
StarLeaf is the messaging, meeting and calling platform that takes the friction out of secure business collaboration. By bringing together today’s essential communication tools in one intuitive app that’s consistent across mobile devices, desktops and meeting rooms, StarLeaf provides a cleaner alternative to more complex and frustrating business tools. So people can connect quickly and easily, and enjoy what they do more too. Customers trust StarLeaf because it’s predictable and reliable, offering a 99.999% uptime guarantee, and information security that’s certified to ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
- Competitive salary.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance.
- Life insurance of four times salary.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Free refreshments and weekly company lunch
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- The opportunity to join a friendly, motivated group of people who are all very excited about the StarLeaf journey.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.