We are looking for a Graduate Test Engineer to be a vital part of the StarLeaf family at our office in Watford. You will report to our test team leader and work closely with our team members to ensure that we release high-quality products to our customers. The Watford team develops the infrastructure which provides the StarLeaf cloud service.
This position will involve:
- Reviewing and analysing requirement documents ensuring business and technical requirements are fully understood.
- Testing components within the StarLeaf Cloud infrastructure
- Discovering, investigating and reporting defects accurately
- Working with developers to manage issue through to successful resolution via Jira.
- Designing new test cases for new features and upcoming products.
- Liaising with project managers, developers and experts to continually develop product knowledge.
- Upgrade and maintenance of the StarLeaf test infrastructure
You will be exposed to a variety of technologies and processes, including but not limited to IP networking, Agile development, Jira, TestRail, Git/SVN, release processes and a range of operating systems we support our products on.
- 2.1 degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or a related discipline.
- A passion for technology.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A desire to learn and to take ownership of your projects.
- An aptitude for learning and solving complex problems.
- Ability to pick up new technologies and products quickly
- Basic understanding of IP networking, ports, routers, switches and the Linux command line
- Knowledge of Software Testing preferred but not essential
A little bit about StarLeaf
Founded in the UK in 2008, we have a global footprint with representation on every continent and offices across the world. We are on a mission to transform the way businesses communicate and collaborate by designing intuitive messaging, premium meeting and calling solutions.
Last year, the company was named in the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100.
Our culture is built on collaboration, inclusion, creativity and support. This permeates everything we do, across all our teams and operations. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a part to play in our success and that everyone should be rewarded for their contribution. This is why every single StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through the company’s share option scheme.
- Starting salary of £36,000.
- Regular salary reviews.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance.
- Life insurance of four times salary.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to join a friendly, motivated group of people who are all very excited about the StarLeaf journey.