At StarLeaf we are in pursuit of excellence across all disciplines – from engineering through to customer support. Our culture is one of openness, fun, creativity and innovation. Core to this is our belief in rewarding success equitably, and we do this through the issue of over 30% of the company’s shares to staff in the form of share options.
We are looking for a French speaking Product Manager.
This is a brand new global role, based in the UK. This role will be outward-facing and work with all regional teams to provide product management globally, and in French where required. A key part of this role will be to operate as the point of contact of the product management team for Support and Sales within StarLeaf. Externally, you will work directly with customers and represent them internally. The Product Manager will be a part of the StarLeaf Product Management team in a highly collaborative and supportive work environment.
Founded in 2008, StarLeaf enables seamless collaboration through intelligently engineered, reliable meeting room systems, superior video conferencing, and secure messaging.
We have been recognised as a visionary in the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and as one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100.
- Take technical sales lead in important channel and customer engagements
- Feedback from the field into multiple StarLeaf teams including Sales Enablement, Documentation, Customer Success
- Bridging gaps between different functions and aligning teams
- Ensuring good communication between Product Management and Sales Engineers
- Take the lead on information updates for SEs and Sales teams
- Work closely with the wider Product team, Engineering, Sales, Support, and Marketing.
- Strong technical knowledge
- Sales Engineering background
- Excellent communication skills including presentations
- French speaker
- Experience of customer-facing roles (e.g. sales or pre-sales).
- Passion and demonstrable interest in technology
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Very competitive salary, based on merit and reviewed annually.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance.
- Life insurance of four times salary.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Assistance with relocation expenses if applicable.
- Flexible working hours.
- Friendly, motivated group and stimulating environment.