Life as a Software Engineer at StarLeaf
We develop for mobile, the desktop and our own bespoke ranges of meeting room systems. Our products run on Linux, Windows, macOS, Android and iOS, across a range of computer architectures, ensuring a breadth and diversity of technologies.
We organise our teams into small groups and you will be assigned a mentor to give you the necessary day to day guidance and support as you undertake your first projects with us.
Every engineer at StarLeaf has autonomy and responsibility for their own projects - something that is simply not available at many other companies. StarLeaf is growing rapidly, so there is ample opportunity for specialising in the areas that interest you most and as your career progresses with us, we work hard with you to find new learning and development activities - no matter what your level of experience.
A little bit about StarLeaf
At StarLeaf, we bring people together from anywhere with world-class video meetings. Whether it’s meeting room systems or desktop and mobile apps, our intuitively simple, secure and reliable solutions make meetings effortless.
StarLeaf is a dynamic and vibrant place to work; we’re growing fast, in an exciting and rapidly changing market. We’ve been in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the last four years, and in 2019 and 2020 we were recognized as a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions.
And while a lot has changed since StarLeaf was founded in 2008, collaboration, creativity and inclusivity are still a key part of our culture. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a part to play in our success and should be rewarded for their contribution. This is why every single permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through the company’s share option scheme.
What to expect in the interview
- Be ready to show us your passion for technology!
- What sparked your interest in software? What topics excite you most?
- If you have projects from university, school or home that you can show us, or tell us about, we’d love to hear about them.
- Don’t expect to know all the answers before you walk through the door. We want to see how you think and work through some problems you may not have encountered before.
Skills and attributes
- A 1 or 2.1 degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- A passion for technology.
- Strong communication skills.
- A desire to learn and to take ownership of your projects.
- An aptitude for learning and solving complex problems.
- Salary starting at £40,000.
- Regular salary reviews.
- Share option scheme.
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance.
- Life insurance of four times salary.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to join a friendly, motivated group of people who are all very excited about the StarLeaf journey.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.