- William Fry is a leading law firm in Ireland, with around 360 legal and tax professionals, and just over 460 staff in total. We advise leading domestic and international corporations, financial institutions and government organizations.
- We wanted a flexible, cloud-based system that would allow us to connect to as many other video conferencing solutions as our clients may have, and we wanted to make sure that everything we bring in is secure. So the fact that StarLeaf had ISO 27001 certification meant that it fitted in right with our requirements. Prior to coronavirus we were just using it for room-based video conferencing.
- It was very simple to set up, you basically hooked it up to a TV system that was already in the room. The touch panel room controller was simple, you had a big green button to join, and it automatically came up on the screen. So it was very easy for the user to understand.
- But now, everyone’s at home. We started to use StarLeaf in a capacity where you have team meetings and one-on-one calls. So it’s been great to keep in touch. We’ve got it integrated with our own Azure active directory, so that means getting people signed in was quite easy.
- There was no business impact or downtime. We effectively replaced the phone line with a video conferencing system on their phones, their iPads or their laptops. In the month of May, we used about 8,500 scheduled meetings. Which equated to around 236,000 minutes. So our usage of StarLeaf has really ramped up over the last two months, which is amazing and the end users are loving it.
- The audio and video quality is excellent, and the integration with Microsoft Teams is a plus. One of our favorite features is the ability to screen share from a desktop or even an iPad. People can present or collaborate in a word document. Every user has the ability to use the system, no matter where they are. So it’s business as usual with StarLeaf – whatever we did in the office we can do from home.
Michael Devitt, IT Director, William Fry