Introducing StarLeaf Standby
StarLeaf Standby is the unique communications failover service that delivers secure collaboration during and after any situation that renders your primary platform unavailable.
StarLeaf Standby helps organisations
For organisations that are dependent on MS Office 365, Teams, or Outlook, StarLeaf Standby offers a suite of failover tools that can be activated instantly, including unique capability to automatically fail over all scheduled upcoming video meetings, as well as messaging and calling, to a completely secure and out-of-band communications platform. StarLeaf Standby also fully supports organisations that are using Zoom or Cisco Webex as primary or supplementary communications platforms.
Maintain business-critical communication
Manage an effective incident response
Achieve regulatory compliance
This means less downtime and more productivity, protection from financial and reputational damage and reassurance for your users, colleagues and customers.
StarLeaf Standby is powered by the StarLeaf platform, renowned for its security and industry-unique 99.999% service level uptime guarantee and relied upon for robust business communications by millions of happy users.
Find out more about the resilient StarLeaf platform in our dedicated security centre.
StarLeaf Standby features
At the heart of StarLeaf Standby is a set of essential features that support business continuity and incident response in the event of an outage.
At the press of a button all your scheduled Teams, Zoom or Webex meetings are instantly and automatically recreated on the StarLeaf Standby platform. This unique capability means you or your admin won’t need to reschedule or manually recreate meetings, so you can operate as business as usual.
Emergency broadcast messaging
When your regular comms platforms are unavailable, communicate to your users instantly en masse with emergency SMS messages sent via StarLeaf Standby. Let them know an incident or outage is in progress and provide next steps and reassurance.
Instant conference bridge
Instantly send an SMS to your incident response team with details of an emergency conference call they can dial into to get response and recovery processes started.
Offline Active Directory snapshots and browsing
Automatic snapshots of last-known good points so that admins and users can still browse directory information, such as contact details, should live access need to be shut off or your Active Directory be compromised.
Enhance your StarLeaf Standby deployment and failover capabilities further with a set of enterprise communications, resilience, and response tools.
See all your upcoming calendar events in one view, with clickable join links for instant access and an at-a-glance overview for your day.
Video and voice calling failover
Make instant one-to-one voice and video calls to all your Active Directory contacts, and anyone, anywhere, from any device to keep you connected and communicating in a crisis.
Instant messaging and chat failover
Access simple, reliable and secure one to one and group chats with unlimited attachments. Keep your colleagues communicating while primary services are unavailable. Bring together your response teams to share plans and critical information securely.
Unique to StarLeaf Standby, support your users during an incident by setting up video hunt groups to provide support desk services that users can dial from any device.
Complete your communications failover capabilities with additional insurance options for meeting rooms and telephony.
Poly meeting rooms failover
Meeting rooms equipped with Poly X-series running Teams or Zoom? Quickly and easily failover to StarLeaf during an outage. Ensures your rooms are still available to users who can carry on business as usual.
Direct routing telephony failover
Primary telephony systems unavailable? Opt for StarLeaf Standby comprehensive failover for phone systems and telephony with full PSTN connectivity.
How does StarLeaf Standby work?
What does StarLeaf Standby look like in action?
From an outage to a major incident, StarLeaf Standby supports business continuity and incident response at every stage, bridging the gap between failure and disaster recovery.
Example incident timeline
- Configure StarLeaf Standby to your organisation’s requirements
- Use StarLeaf Standby incident simulations to run fire-drills and stay ready
- Threat detected
- Activate StarLeaf Standby and fail over meetings
- Send StarLeaf Standby emergency SMS messages to your users and teams
- Bring your emergency response teams or key staff together instantly on an emergency conference call
- Browse StarLeaf Standby Active Directory snapshots for last known good point to retain access to critical information
- Active Directory snapshots provide directory information in the absence of access to primary platform
- Incident ongoing
- Use StarLeaf video meeting failover to support live addresses both internally and externally to keep all stakeholders updated
- Support business continuity by enabling instant messaging and chat, calendar and voice and video calling failover for all users to keep connected
- Allow incident response teams to collaborate and communicate securely, outside of a potentially compromised platform, with chat, calling, and secure file-sharing
- Maintain open lines of communication with telephony failover
- Seamlessly fallback to your primary solution when it is safe to do so or when services are restored
Starting from just $1 per user per month. Visit our pricing page for more information.